Mr. Elia has handled over 700 personal injury cases, obtaining excellent results. The personal injury claims in San Diego include automobile, motorcycle and multi-vehicle accidents, brain damage and wrongful death claims, products liability, slip/trip and falls, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and dog bites.
He has extensive litigation experience having appeared at more than 1,000 civil hearings including jury and bench trials, over 500 depositions, and hundreds of mediations. Some of his cases have made national and local headlines. He has prosecuted and defended many substantial civil matters in both state and federal courts. In some instances, his cases have included litigating various complex cases in simultaneous state and federal proceedings.
Mr. Elia is also fluent in Arabic and has a comprehension of the Chaldean Language.
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctor (2001)
- University of California San Diego (UCSD), Bachelor of Arts (1998)
Awards & Recognitions
- Avvo – 9.6 rating (Superb)
- San Diego Daily Transcript 2013 Semi-Finalist for Top Attorney Corporate Transactional
- San Diego Daily Transcript 2011 Semi-Finalist for Top Attorney Corporate Transactional
- San Diego Daily Transcript 2009 Finalist for Top Attorney Corporate Transactional
- California Supreme Court and all lower California Courts
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
Areas of Practice
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (CASD)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- See more…