Slip and Fall Accidents are the Most Common Type of Personal Injury
As a leading team of San Diego personal injury attorneys, we can safely say that slip and fall accidents are among the most common type of San Diego personal injury accident.
Don’t believe us?
Here are some interesting statistics from the National Floor Safety Institute:
- More than 8 million people seek medical attention for fall accidents each year. This equates to more than 21 percent of all hospital visits, making it the leading cause of emergency room care.
- More women than men experience slip and fall accidents.
- 5% of all victims will experience fractures.
- Slip and falls account for half of all accidental home deaths.
- Slip and fall accidents are the second leading cause of spinal cord and brain injury.
Bone fractures and brain injuries are among the most common injuries suffered in a slip and fall accident. Any time a person hits his or her head during a fall, there is a serious risk of brain injury. Medical attention is required immediately!
Liability is a component part of any slip and fall accident case. A homeowner or business owner can be liable for damages caused in these types of accidents. Why? Because it’s up to the property owner to be responsible for maintaining a safe environment. If someone slips on a wet floor, for example, the property owner may be liable for allowing the hazard to exist.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that you believe could have been avoided – you can seek damages against the negligent party. Damages can cover medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering and other expenses. Our San Diego slip and fall attorneys have experience handling slip and fall cases and can help you pursue your legal rights.