San Diego Zip Codes Notorious for Dog Bite Attacks
San Diego personal injury lawyers know that this area is notorious for dog bite attacks. But now, thanks to San Diego County Animal Service officials, we know which San Diego zip codes have the most dog bite accidents.
Topping the list – 92113 – which encompasses areas like downtown, Barrio Logan and Logan Heights– with 113 reported incidents.
Other zip codes with high dog bite reports:
- 92105 (110 reports)
- 92114 (106 reports)
- 92028 (105 reports)
- 91977 (97 reports)
- 92123 (95 reports)
Officials are also using these figures to remind people about dog safety.
- Never go up to a dog that you don’t know and even when you are familiar with the dog, be cautious and approach the dog slowly
- Never run away from a dog or make load noises (screaming, yelling, etc.)
- Never play with a dog unless an adult is present
- Never try to pet or play with a dog that is eating, caring for puppies, or sleeping
- Do not make direct eye contact with a dog
- Never pet a dog before you have let it see and sniff you
According to California Civil Code 3342, dog owners are liable for damages suffered by any individual who is bitten by the dog. If you have been the victim of an attack, contact a San Diego Dog Bite Attorney who can help ensure that your rights are protected and that you obtain compensation for medical treatment, surgery, and other expenses. In order for you to obtain restitution, it is not required for a dog to have a history of viciousness, nor does the owner need to have known about such behavior.
- Breakthrough Spinal Cord Injury Research at UC San Diego - August 26, 2021
- What to Do After a San Diego Bicycle Accident - March 4, 2020
- Who Is at Fault in a Motorcycle Lane Splitting Accident in California? - February 28, 2016