How to Deal with Insurance Companies After a Car Accident
Our San Diego car accident attorneys have a message for drivers: If you have been in an accident and have suffered from a personal injury – you need to call your insurance company.
Whether or not you feel your insurance company has your best interests at heart, you will have to deal with them sooner or later. Take heed, though, since those agents tend to try to save their companies as much money as possible – you should speak with an experienced San Diego personal injury lawyer before you settle a claim out of court.
Here’s a checklist of what to say to your insurance company after an accident:
- Report the accident to your insurance company in a timely manner. Failure to do so could cause unnecessary problems with your claim.
- Do not give a statement, written or verbal, to the insurance company of the other driver or party, and under no circumstances sign documents given to you by the other party’s insurance company without first seeking the legal counsel of an experienced attorney. Doing so could jeopardize your rights and ultimately be used against you.
- Document the accident as much as you can. Save medical records, statements, photos, and even keep a journal to record the events and your feelings throughout. The more evidence you have documenting what happened, the better.
If you’ve been involved in a crash and suffered injury, call our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers for an immediate consultation about your rights and how to deal with your insurance company.
- Breakthrough Spinal Cord Injury Research at UC San Diego - August 26, 2021
- What to Do After a San Diego Bicycle Accident - March 4, 2020
- Who Is at Fault in a Motorcycle Lane Splitting Accident in California? - February 28, 2016