Special K Cereal Recall for Glass Fragments
If you are one of the thousands of people who follow the Special K cereal diet plan, or who just simply like eating Special K cereal… you’ll want to pay attention to the following: Special K Cereal Recall
Kellogg’s has recalled its Special K Red Berries cereal because the company says some boxes may be contaminated with glass fragments.
If you have a box of Special K Red Berries in your pantry, check the UPC code on the back. The recalled packages include:
- 11.2 ounce packages, with a UPC Proof of Purchase Code: 38000 59923
Better if Used Before: DEC 02 2013 KNC 105 00:13 through DEC 02 2013 KNC 105 02:30
- 37.0 ounce packages with a UPC Proof of Purchase Code: 38000 20940
Better if Used Before Date: NOV 30 2013 KNB 107 17:31 through NOV 30 2013 KNB 107 20:05
- 22.4 ounce twin pack with a UPC Proof of Purchase Code: 38000 78356
Better if Used Before Date: Nov 30 2013 KNA 105 07:00 through NOV 30 2013 KNA 105 08:51
Better if Used Before Date: NOV 30 2013 KNB 105 15:00 through NOV 30 2013 KNB 105 17:05
Sizes other than these packages are not affected by the recall, nor are packages with the letter codes KXA, KXB or KXC which are found after the “Better if Used Before Date.”
Other recent food recalls of note include:
- Nestle Prepared Foods recalled boxes of Lean Cuisine frozen ravioli due to possible glass shards in products.
- Kellogg’s recall of its Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size cereal due to the possibility of flexible metal mesh fragments in the products.
No injuries have been linked to these recalls.
Food and product recalls should not be taken lightly. Contact a San Diego product liability attorney immediately if you believe a tainted or recall product has made you sick or caused harm.
Latest posts by Steven Elia (see all)
- Who Is at Fault in a Motorcycle Lane Splitting Accident in California? - February 28, 2016
- Oceanside – 12 Year-Old Boy Hit by Truck and Killed While Riding Bike - November 13, 2015
- San Diegan Stephen Michael Clift killed in bicycle accident - November 6, 2015
Tags: Special K recall